Knowing the difference between cheap and quality removal companies can not only save you a lot of money, it can also save your belongings. Following are some of the differences you should know before you hire a removal company:
1. A quality removal company will have a business license. This may seem like a small thing, but a quality removal company will be licensed and bonded. Many people will ask how long a removal company is in business, not realizing that they should be asking if the company has a license to operate and if the truck drivers are licensed to drive a commercial truck, or even have any training. The law has special requirements that every removal company must adhere to in order to conduct business. The business license ensures that they comply with these regulations.
2. A quality removal company will have a physical address. If a removal company only has a mobile phone number and a website, how do you know they even exist? The fact of the matter is that you don’t. A quality removal company will have a physical address where they park their trucks and have their offices. Otherwise, who are you giving all of your belongings to?
3. A quality removal company will be able to give you a real estimate. You might not always like the price that a removal company gives you for your moving job, but it should be realistic. The key here is to get three estimates. If one estimate is too low to be true, then you are dealing with a cheap removal company that is running a scam. This removal company may give you a low estimate for the removal, then on the day they show up, tack on more fees, threatening not to move you unless you pay up. They may also get you to your destination, then come up with other bogus charges for you to pay. Don’t be surprised if they even hold your belongings hostage until you pay up or call the police.
4. A quality removal company will have insurance. With a quality removal company, you can buy extra insurance to cover your belongings in case they get damaged. A quality removal company will also be able to show you their insurance and will give you a sample form for you to fill out for the extra mover’s insurance. You can call the company that will insure your belongings and let them know what kinds of valuables you will be moving. A real insurance company will be able to tell you if you are covered with this particular moving company in case something goes wrong.
5. A quality removal company will have some kind of uniforms. When a quality removal company shows up to your home on moving day, they will look like professionals. Maybe not right out of a commercial, but they will have some kind of uniforms or shirts, as well as the dollies, ramps, and padding that are needed to move your belongings without damaging them.